Pi-Ramesse for kids
If you are between 8 and 12 years old, are interested in archaeology in Egypt and want to learn more about the capital of the famous Egyptian pharaoh Ramses II, you have come to the right place. In various games you can find out who is doing which job on our excavation, what we are dealing with in this project and what is in an excavation diary. You can find even more exciting information, for example about horse toilets, Egyptian buildings made of Lego or the secret of the pebbles in the Nile Delta, on the other pages of our digital exhibition or in the special exhibition in the Egyptian Museum in Cairo.
Today again at 6:00 in extended circle. The conservators occupied the end of the table.
6:30 am – 18°C/ 89%
2:30 pm – 28°C/ 60%
8:30 pm – 22°C/ 83%
- We were all in the field all day today (6:30 am-3:00 pm). We continued to uncover the burnt slope. Now we will turn to the eastern part of the section – the incline of the groundwater is to be followed up.
- The water level in the individual excavation squares is still so bad it makes you cry!
- The excavation workers from Quft take out blackish humus sand in square i.j/26 – plenty of finds: faience (small baboon), rosettes, Udjat eye of carnelian. Edgar processes the finds.
- The workmen from the village continue to work in square e/26.
- Adel has already started with some pottery finds from `92: half amphora for example – very impressive!!!
In the house
At home, the newly arrived conservators first set up their workstations.
"Papa Helck" (Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Helck) visits our excavation with the Hamburg team! He is impressed by the whole thing, as his entry in our guestbook can testify!
A small extra table was added for the restorers – despite the increased number of team members, the showers went without any problems. So did the meal: there were two bowls with side dishes and two plates of meat. Afterwards, the rice pudding came to the table. We left nothing and will probably have a bit of a stomach ache tonight.
After dinner (around 7:30 pm), some of us drove to a celebration of Mohamed Bakr's brother near Bilbes. We actually met Bakr, who was very touched by our visit.
AN XXL CITY
CHRONICLE OF A CITY
A CITY OF TECHNOLOGIES
HORSES FOR THE PHARAO
PI-RAMESSE AROUND THE WORLD